Wednesday 28 October 2009

Truly Scrumpteous challenge



Wow its Wednesday already, havn't had much time for crafting this week as its half term and I had my gorgeous Grandson Brodie to stay, he is 5 weeks old now and he absolutely beams when he smiles, hes so yummy.

Anyway on to the card I have made,its for the Truly Scrumpteous challenge blog which is a sketch and a recipe of 3 flowers, 3 brads and 3 pearls. I made it for my younger sister who is currently undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer and I just thought I would make a card to let her know I'm there for her, its so hard to know what to say sometimes. I had to shave her hair off yesterday as it was coming out in handfuls, that was one of the hardest things I have done to be honest, we both cried together, she is so brave bless her heart.

Ingredients;
Stamped image; Mo Mannings 'sisters'.
Colouring medium; prisma and promarkers, highlighted with inksentials gel pen
Papers; DCVW and papermania cardstock
Sentimetn, computer generated
Embellishments; Flowers, brads and pearls from stash

Thanks for looking today, see you soon x x

7 comments:

  1. This is lovely Wendy. I love this image and the sentiment is beautiful, I'm sure your sister will love it. Thanks for joining in our Truly Scrumptious challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card and so lovely for your sister, she will love it for sure..

    thanks for joining us on TS

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this is precious! I love this sweet image and the soft colours are perfect for it! Thanks for joining in with the TS challenge!

    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Wendy :)
    Hope your sister gets on with the chemo o.k...give her my very best wishes.
    You are obviously enjoying Brodie....isn't it great being a Grandma :)

    Hope to see you soon,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Wendy - love that gorgeous image and the perfect sentiment to match. Such pretty colour, papers and details.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at TS.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card! Have a fun time with the kids! :)

    Have a great day,
    --Kathryn
    Kitchen Table Crafter

    ReplyDelete
  7. your sister with love this gorgeous Sister card Wendy...so pretty and a great use for one of Mo;s images...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete